12 December 2022 Excellence | Network Utilities

Rakiza Investment Award Win

The Equitix co-owned fund, Rakiza has had an exciting end to 2022, recently announcing the acquisition of a 30% ownership in Omantel’s passive tower assets in Oman, with Helios Towers (a UK-listed company) purchasing the remaining 70% equity. This is the first fully independent telecom towers operation in the region and the transaction covered the purchase of 2,519 passive infrastructure tower assets for a gross consideration of US$495 million.

Yesterday, as part of the HSBC Living Business Programme, Rakiza won the 2022 Best Strategy & Policy Project for its Sustainability Framework. In addition, it also won the Country Winner Award (Oman) for ESG and recognised as a finalist for the Best Governance Project.

With over 90 participants across the MENA region, the Living Business Programme showcases leaders in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives. This achievement recognises Rakiza’s dedication to applying solid ESG principles within its investment process, assets under management, and the communities it operates in.

Congratulations to our team at Rakiza.

#awardwinning #infrastructuretolife #sustainability